[vorbis] how to cut a vorbis file?

Akos Maroy darkeye at tyrell.hu
Tue Mar 26 03:49:44 PST 2002

Andy (Dale) wrote:
> could you use one of those sound editor programs?  i use goldwave, and i've
> heard of cooledit and some others, i'm on windows so i'm not sure what is
> available for linux, you could probably try vorbis.com tho and look under
> the software section for software which uses ogg vorbis and find something
> you could use =)

no, I could not. I'd need this functionality for batch processing (i.e.
w/o human interaction).

for fixed bitrate mp3, I can simply calculate the frames, and cut the
files with dd. I know that this is not the nicest thing to do, as some
samples reach across frames, but nevertheless it works.

with VBR recordings, this kind of calculation can not be done.