[vorbis] Quality & Tags

Andy Dale andycool22 at peoplepc.com
Sun Mar 31 20:34:00 PST 2002

i think something that would be really helpful would be a way to track a
file from its beginning to end, like how it is ripped (what program &
options) encoded (what options), all that.  there would really be like no
way to store it in the file, but maybe have like a program that keeps track
of these things in a separate file.  it would say things like 'ripped with
cdparanoia using these options, and encoded with oggenc using these options'
so you know if people ripped the file digitally, and without pops and
clicks, and if they encoded it at a high quality, and not just a low one
then reencoding to a high one, or know that they didn't transcode from mp3
to ogg, stuff like that.  you could find out before downloading the whole
thing from them and listening to find out the file is crap.