[vorbis] Tag changes

Ben Pearre bwpearre at mit.edu
Thu Mar 28 16:19:49 PST 2002

> In the examples you give, I personally would use the PART tag.
> But if someone can come up with a better example, I don't see why not.

My request is simply to have one field for movement number, and
another for movement name (you'd want to order the tracks by number,
but not by name), and forcing the number and name to be in the same
place seems contrived.

For example, I happen to like doing this to my collection (this has no
error handling, but it may give you the idea):

FILENAME="$composer - ($opus.$part) $title - $tracktitle ($conductor).ogg"

I tend to organise pieces by composer rather than album, but
presumably more album-based people might like to maintain track number
as well.  If not, then I can use one for number and one for name, but
it may be wise to specify which should be which!  :)

> Thats what I get for running latest nightly versions of Mozilla

Serves you right, indeed ;)  Forgot to mention I'm running Linux,
although the layer stuff _should_ happen waaaaay above anything
OS-specific!

Hmm, can't say Cheers anymore...
-Ben

--