[vorbis] Tag changes

Ben Pearre bwpearre at mit.edu
Wed Mar 27 13:11:00 PST 2002

> 2) The PART tag was moved from the list of singletons to the list of
> multiples.  It is not infrequent for an extended, multipart work to
> occupy a single track on CD.  Occurs most often on classical discs, but
> there are pop examples, as well.  The description of each section of
> the work may be stored in separate PART tag.

Hmm...  the CD standard allows for a 2-layer heirarchical track
numbering scheme.  Is there any support for this anywhere?  Probably
not worth it: I've seen exactly one CD that uses this (Verdi Requiem
(Shaw)), and one CD player that supported it (Rega Planet).  Just
curious.

Any comments on moving COPYRIGHT to the multiples section?  Or better
yet, adding a LICENSE field?  It'd be nice to see something like this:

COPYRIGHT=Ben Pearre
LICENSE=(O) EFF Open Audio License (http://www.eff.org/IP/Open_licenses/eff_oal.html)

...or some such...

> http://reactor-core.org/ogg-tag-standard.html

To whomever maintains reactor-core: you may want to try testing with
mozilla...  I can't click on any of the links or select any text
besides the Latin.

Cheers!
-Ben

--