[vorbis] Interesting file-sharing idea

EdB endered at yahoo.com
Sat Mar 16 07:51:21 PST 2002

Philip M. White wrote:

>TO SUMMARIZE:
>
>	- listings read from song tags, instead of using the filename
>	- CD-quality songs
>	- bitrate peeling put to use!  finally, lucrative for dial-up users!
>	- of course, all good features of current file-sharing tools, like multi-host download ability and de-centralization

I would definitely find value in all your suggestions except the first
one.  Perhaps listings from song tags would be an option, but many of
the downloads I receive are tag-deficient.  Partly due to that, I have
personally become dedicated to a file naming standard which serves all
my sorting/playback needs, as well as batch tag populating:
    artist (year-album name-track number) - track name

Ciao for now,

--EdB  <EnderEd at yahoo.com>
http://www.geocities.com/EnderEd