[vorbis] cdparanoia mailing list ?

Ed Sweetman ed.sweetman at wmich.edu
Fri Mar 15 12:18:02 PST 2002

I've never seen any atapi ide cdrom not work with the standard ide cdrom
driver.  As for configuring as scsi, you may get some kind of driver
error checking, maybe.   But you cant beat the ide cdrom driver for ide
drives, especially with the DMA transfer patch.  Ripping with dma means
you use about 2% to negligable cpu to read audio cds.  The scsi driver
wont do that for ide drives i dont believe.

For the audio cdrom dma patch, get it at

http://www.zipworld.com.au/~akpm/linux/patches/2.4/2.4.18-pre9/ide-akpm.patch

It should work on most systems.