[vorbis] frequency cutoff?

Erik Fuller Phaedras at gmx.net
Mon Mar 11 03:12:59 PST 2002

Back in the day, when I was still using LAME, I was aware of the fact that
the program would cut off frequencies above a certain level (lowpass). With
192 kbps this was usually around 20Khz (which is the highest frequency a human
can hear, as far as I know), and at 128 something like 16Khz.

Does Vorbis do something similar? If so, does someone have a chart of the
cutoffs at the different quality settings?

http://www.gmx.net