[vorbis] Finding length (time) of encoded birstream

John Lundy jlundy at playnet.com
Sun Mar 10 16:37:44 PST 2002

I'm adding some final features to my CD Ripper and Encoder before the full,
version 1 release. As part of that release, the program will offer the
ability to play (for review purposes) both WAV and OGG files. I have both
the decoder and playback code working but I have one final issue to resolve:
finding the play time for the Vorbis bitstream that is being played back. I
used the example_encode and example_decode code as the initial basis for my
code model (but it has really changes a bunch since I started the project
<grin>). Anyway, can someone inform me how I can get this information from
the file using the OGG, VORBIS or VORBISENC DLL interfaces? I'd rather not
add any new interfaces to get this information. TIA.

John Lundy