[vorbis] Ogg/Icecast vs. Real

Mark Hetherington mark.hetherington at studentmail.newcastle.edu.au
Sun Jun 30 23:16:17 PDT 2002

I don't know if I'm understanding you exactly, but you can already stream oggs
straight off a http server..... No problems. I understand that seeking wasn't
really thought about, since it was intended for live streams as well as
static ones, but it shouldn't be hard to implement.

Of course that is already handled by xmms and winamp.

Starting from a particular point in the file wouldn't be at all hard once
seeking is implemented, although I don't know how you would format the URL so
the player knew to seek into the file.....

Mark