[vorbis] libvorbis and floating point exception

Peter Maersk-Moller Peter at maersk-moller.net
Sun Jun 30 15:08:15 PDT 2002

Hi.

While doing some RTP based multicast streaming with Vorbis
encoded data I ended up feeding the decoder some slightly
invalid data (audio data, not header data) and it SEEMED
to me I got a floating point exception that my decoder wasn't
really prepared to catch. Is it possible to generate a
floating point exception feeding corrupt audio data
into libvorbis ? If yes, then I need to take that into
account when programming (maybe with a try/catch).

I admit that I can't easily reproduce the floating
point exception so I can't prove that libvorbis
generatedthis exception.

--PMM