[OT] reel to reel Re: [vorbis] MP3 to OGG conversion

Merijn Vogel merijnv at sci.kun.nl
Thu Jun 27 13:20:35 PDT 2002

Used my fathers old tapedrive at 4.75cm/s for radio-recording; three hours
on one side of a tape.
Used the same with 19cm/s to copy from cd's; reducing noise and the duration
of clicks.

Also this kind of tape was easy to patch if it broke (eaten casette-tapes
are much harder)..

Oh the old pre-digital days.. it was those days I said digital would not
surpass analog. ow well, I was 15 years old or something ;)

-- Merijn

On Thu, Jun 27, 2002 at 06:16:44PM -0100, fungus wrote:
> Alan MacDonald wrote:
> >
> > The TEAC A-2340R was four channel for quadrophonic recording...old school
> > surround sound.   If you recorded at high speed, they actually sounded quite
> > good.
> >

> I think that probably needs some explanation as well.
>
> Reel to reel tape machines let you set the speed of
> the tape manually. The faster you set it the better
> it sounded, but you ran out of tape a lot sooner.

Zoals 't toetsenbordje thuis tikt, tikt 't nergens ...