[vorbis] streaming ogg audio

Mark Hetherington mark.hetherington at studentmail.newcastle.edu.au
Thu Jun 27 04:17:32 PDT 2002

So in a limited sense it should be perfectly possible with ogg? If the user
wishes to seek, you simply resume at that point in the file, and then skip to
the next frame.

Of course, this can't work with a "live" stream. But I am guessing the server
will just "resume" with the live stream regardless. Does winamp detect the
difference between a served up static mp3, and a streamed live mp3? If so it
would be interesting to know how.

Mark