[vorbis] streaming ogg audio

figyu silent.achiever at chello.hu
Thu Jun 27 02:50:14 PDT 2002

From: "Akos Maroy" <darkeye at tyrell.hu>

> misunderstood your question :)

orry, i seem to create ever bigger misunderstaning with my comments :-)
no. i definitely mean streaming, not local ones. i just left out the word
streaming from my second comment because i don't know why.
all this happens and refers to when listening to streaming files in winamp
2.80 full version.

o i find i can seek into streaming mp3s, file length and time position
appears to be correct and correctly shown, while in streaming ogg, file
length is stated as 0,1s constantly (or something like that), and the time
position is not shown. also, and this is my problem, i cannot seek into
streaming ogg neither back nor forward.

we've tried this on different pc-s, diff. os-es, with the same result (the
above described problem).

o, is this normal, is it not, will it be supported, fixed, or something?

cheers,

figyu :-)

while typing this i see Michael's answered too:

"Yes. If you can't, then it's a limitation of the particular program you're
using."

cool, so what player are you using that can do this? pls advise me on this.