[vorbis] ogg: another tag?

Merijn Vogel merijnv at sci.kun.nl
Wed Jul 31 06:29:05 PDT 2002

While playing ogg's, the equaliser has no effect in xmms.
(xmms 1.2.7, vorbis rc3 or 4)

If it would work, you could use the auto-preset settings.
Having the volume normalized automatically seems ok with me, but the
bass-treble and everything in between is too much speaker, room, amplifier
of headphone specific.

On Wed, Jul 31, 2002 at 09:14:55AM -0400, Andy Dale wrote:
> Tom Kriz" <gkriz at edv1.boku.ac.at> says:
>
> : I've learned that I can make a tag with vorbisgain that tells the player
> : at what volume a track is to be played to achieve a certain level of
> : loudness.
> : Is it possible that there will be a tag that tells the player for instance
> : to add more bass when it plays a track? Ore more treble?
>
> then of course it would only work with players that have an eq.
>
> : With such tags it would be possible to customize the sound of a
> : track according to my wishes - without changing the track itself.
> : Is that possible? Does such a thing exist already?
>
> winamp for windows has equalizer presets, you can set the eq to whatever you
> want and then save the preset for every song, and it will automatically load
> that if you have auto turned on.  since xmms is much like it (afaik) i'm
> sure you can do the same thing.  i don't use anything else.
> AndyCool22 on AOL Instant Messenger
> AndyCool22 at PeoplePC.com
> http://www.livejournal.com/users/andycool22/
> *·.    .·*       *Andy Dale*
> ICQ # 76178574
> andycool22 at msn.com on MSN Messenger
> andycool22 at yahoo.com on Yahoo! Messenger

Zoals 't toetsenbordje thuis tikt, tikt 't nergens ...