[vorbis] trouble compiling vorbis 1.0 on openbsd

Paul de Weerd paul at mail.me.maar.nu
Sat Jul 27 06:43:40 PDT 2002

On Sat, Jul 27, 2002 at 03:12:19PM +0200, Gilbert Fernandes wrote:
| I have on the OpenBSD CD an older version of the
| whole Vorbis stuff but I'd prefer use the version
| release 1.0 to reencode some stuff under it
| but it doesn't seem to install or compile or
| perhaps I'm forgetting something. don't know.
|
| On the last release I was also have a lot of
| trouble. The make couldn't find a lof of .h
| files while includes and I had to manually
| copy several .h files from the various vorbis
| folder components. And it never compiled
| unless I used "-no-oggtest" option on the
| configure. Sometimes, I found that I could
| ./configure; make libogg and when trying
| to do same for libvorbis it couln'd find
| ogg
|
| Well. Making it compile and install under
| OpenBSD isn't that easy but up to today
| I always tweaked it until it got working
| but I've been spending a few hours over
| this 1.0 release and i don't see the
| out of it.
|
| Any hints appreciated. Please copy
| to my email adress.

Vorbis 1.0 is in the -current ports tree. Simply `cd
/usr/ports/audio/vorbis-tools/ && make install` to build all libs and
tools.

Update your system to a later snapshot, or go to -current for vorbis
1.0 support. I just did this on my system and it worked perfectly.

Cheers,

Paul 'WEiRD' de Weerd

                 http://www.weirdnet.nl/