[vorbis] Libvorbisenc.so.O

Moritz Grimm gtgbr at gmx.net
Mon Jul 22 10:31:27 PDT 2002

Shawn wrote:
> Instead of breaking kde, why don't you install the new ogg stuff
> --prefix=/usr/local and make sure your ld.so.conf has /usr/local/lib?
>
> Then, run ogg bins out of /usr/local/bin.

SuSE installs everything in /usr, a fresh SuSE install (at least my
ones) have an empty /usr/local directory structure. That's why I
recommended /usr as the prefix on SuSE. I'm also relatively sure that
all the KDE stuff is in /usr. As you can see from his kio_audio_cd.so
dependencies, it depends on /usr/lib/libvorbisenc.la, not
/usr/local/lib/libvorbisenc.la. Recompiling it against the new version
of that library *should* make things work again.