[vorbis] CVS RC4 -q0 too good!

Mark Hetherington mark.hetherington at studentmail.newcastle.edu.au
Thu Jul 4 05:08:42 PDT 2002

I haven't been able to get vorbis to compile from CVS, I checked out the
source today, and had little luck from my first CVS experience... I did get
icecast2 to compile (but not ices2!)

Anyway, I think it may be useful to be able to encode some exteremly low
bitrates, either for modem transfer (I know you can use managed bitrates
instead), or just for interests sake. I guess I can't see any *really*
convincing reasons for it though.

I'm wonder how close to bit identical it would be if you encoded a vorbis file
at 600+kbps.... In fact I might examine that....

MArk