[vorbis] New Sound Card, Sox Weirdness, Low Pitch ogg's

Michael Smith msmith at labyrinth.net.au
Wed Jul 3 02:20:28 PDT 2002

At 12:20 AM 7/3/02 -0400, you wrote:
>I recorded some live stuff with a new sound card (which defaults to
>48000kHz) and because I didn't set sox right (-t wav wasn't also forced to
>44100), I have an ogg that think's it's longer than it really is, and is
>therefore too low and slow.
>
>Is there a quick and dirty hex edit or something I can run it through to fix
>that, other than decoding and encoding again?

Almost. There's a single field in the primary header (the first ~50 bytes
or so of the file) for sample rate. However, you also need to fix the
page checksum if you change that (which is not something you want to do
by hand). It'd be pretty easy to write a simple tool to fix this up using
libogg (and maybe libvorbis)

Michael