[vorbis] Quality & ripping speed

Amy Schoenhofen ambly at mn.rr.com
Thu Jul 25 06:07:10 PDT 2002

Thanks for all the great responses on tools to use - I have Exact Audio Copy
and CDex working very well, and I've been working out all the kinks.

Two questions, one very Vorbis related, one not :)

1) I know people have asked many times "What quality should I use". Well, I
want to ask it again but in a narrower frame. I see less than 10% difference
in size between 4.99 and 5.00 - what's the big difference? Is going to 5,
albeit .00 much better than 4.99? I can go to 5.99 for another 15-20% size
hit.. is it worth it? Where does it end? :)

2) Exact Audio digitally extracts at 8-9X, while I can't get CDex to extract
higher than 1-1.5X. Any ideas? Is this common to CDex? Is there a favored
mode people have in CDex?