[vorbis] Thanks, Monty.

Steve Bergman steve at rueb.com
Mon Jul 15 16:58:12 PDT 2002

MadDog Hall recently emphasized the importance of just saying "thank
you" to the Open Source developers whose code benefits us everyday.
 I've played with vorbis before, but only recently have I really
seriously started ripping/encoding my collection.  The quality of Vorbis
is amazing, and the licensing is even better.  Thank You.  I look
forward to further enhancements in the future, when they are ready and
when you have time to do them right.  Well tested code is also greatly
appreciated.  And bug hunting, when a "bug" can be as subtle as slightly
degraded sound under certain special circumstances is sure a lot
different from trying to find the cause of a segfault in a bean counting
program.

1.0 has been a long time in the making.  A few more days this way or
that for the official anouncement won't kill anyone.  Take some time out
to go have a hot fudge sundae or something. ;-)

-Steve Bergman