[vorbis] wow! and what about h/w players for vorbis files?

Roger roger_maillist at alltel.net
Sat Jul 13 03:17:31 PDT 2002

wow! i must say vorbis deprecates mp3! lol.

although, i had to use the "OSS/3d for XMMS" plugin on my sblive value
w/ 4 point sound to get a proper base. On my other box with a diff card,
bass is just fine.

however, are there any h/w players for vorbis files? the faq only states
one manufacturer called iObjects but i see no portable players!

Basically, i want to player vorbis files thru my car cassette stereo
some how. The only method i see currently (affordable) is to use a
laptop and use a mini to rca (or whatever) to the line-in on the radio
(maybe).

There is a cassette mp3 player on the market currently but it states
only mp3 (afaik).

--
Roger
-----