[vorbis] Damn!

Per Wigren wigren at home.se
Sun Jul 7 08:36:06 PDT 2002

I just tried rc4-cvs and I can't believe how good it sounds!
I can hear very little difference between the wav and the q0-ogg on my
above-average stereo... It really makes MP3 look (sound) *pathetic* in
comparision! I did some comparisions on a few songs, from noisy 77-punk to
Jean-Michel Jarre to EBM/Industrial, and q0/~64kbit RC4-vorbis sounds as good
or better than V9/~128kbit LAME-mp3 on ALL of them!
I ripped my ex-girlfriend's recordcollection (about 400 CDs) when RC2 was just
released, using q5.. Too bad I don't have access to it anymore, or I would
rerip it with RC4 q4 and save a lot of diskspace AND gain quality... :/
I have already converted a few friends away from MP3 and I will continue to do
so... Showing them these results will surely convert a few more!
Excellent work Monty and everybody else!!!

// Wigren