[vorbis] RC4 encoder with RC3 player?

Greg Wooledge greg at wooledge.org
Sat Jul 6 07:09:00 PDT 2002

asqui (asqui at hotmail.com) wrote:

> Your RC3 decoder should yield the best quality, though I'm not sure if
> the RC3 encoder is the same as the current CVS -- There may for example
> have been some optimisations, though I doubt it. In any case this would
> not affect the quality of the audio.

I guess you meant to say "decoder" on the second line above, not
"encoder".  Of course the CVS encoder is different from the RC3
version.

But as far as I know, there is no benefit to be gained from playing
Vorbis files with the CVS decoder vs. RC3's decoder (or even RC2's).

greg at wooledge.org              |    - The Red Hot Chili Peppers
http://wooledge.org/~greg/     |