[vorbis] CVS RC4 -q0 too good!

fungus meditvr at teleline.es
Thu Jul 4 07:53:00 PDT 2002

Nemo - earth native wrote:

> If -q0 is so good now, and -q3 is enough for
> most people... with 4.99 enough for even alot of audiophiles...then it
> seems a large swathe of "quality range" is wasted, simply because it's
> "too good".

This subject has come up before.

Just because you and I think that most of the scale
above q5 is "wasted", doesn't mean that nobody else
can.

There are plenty of people out there who can tell
you which way round the speaker cables are connected
just by listening to the system.

As you progress further up the scale towards q9 you
run into people who consider that an amplifier power
cable needs a "break in" time of several weeks before
best sound quality is reached.

http://www.jpslabs.com/kaptovator.htm

(nice box)

Be sure to read the reviews: