[vorbis] Changes to OggDrop?

fungus meditvr at teleline.es
Mon Jul 1 21:07:13 PDT 2002

engdev wrote:
> Can a value box be added so the position of the slider is known?

I think I said this the day after it was released
but nobody listened.

To me, oggdrop seems to be totally useless unless
you just fire it up and use the default setting.
Any attempt to set the quality is pointless - you
can't even see what you set it to.

Much better than a slider would be a combo box for
quality settings ("normal", "high", "archive", etc)
and a numerical input where people could type "4.99"
if they wanted to.

As it is....it's useless, maybe even damaging to
ogg's reputation.