[vorbis] Re: Ogg compared to MPC and AAC

Jernej Simonèiè jernej.simoncic at guest.arnes.si
Wed Jan 16 11:22:48 PST 2002

Hello Jeff,

16. januar 2002, 19:52:45, you wrote:

> I haven't heard of Ape but I did like FLAC. I'll check out Ape as well.

The good thing about Monkey's Audio <www.monkeysaudio.com> (APE files)
is that it's pretty fast when compressing, and in my tests achieves
best results among the lossless codecs (on some files RKAU compressed
a bit better, but it takes much more time to do it). The bad thing
about monkey is that it's only available on Windows (even though it's
free)... The author is promising open source for quite some time, but
so far the source is closed...

Jernej Simoncic, jernej.simoncic at guest.arnes.si
http://www2.arnes.si/~sopjsimo/
ICQ: 26266467

The only people making money these days are the ones who sell
computer paper.
       -- Wain's Conclusion