[vorbis] ReplayGain support for Vorbis

Dave Sieber dsieber at mediaone.net
Mon Jan 14 19:48:29 PST 2002

Gian-Carlo Pascutto wrote:

> Hello all,
>
> I'm glad to announce to you that Vorbis now has full
> ReplayGain support. If you're not familiar with ReplayGain,
> take a look at www.replaygain.org. The main features are:
>
> a) all songs play back with equal loudness
> b) removes the need for normalization
> c) allows for clipping prevention

What perfect timing! I was just yesterday resigning myself to
re-encoding all of my CD's with normalization because of the volume
problem. I like to play all of my music tracks randomly as a giant
jukebox, and I had to constantly reach over to adjust the volume.

Your efforts are very much appreciated. Thanks to everyone on the Ogg
Vorbis team!

--
dave