[vorbis] >Why not use OggDrop? Going for managed bitrates? Tagging?

Anthony Frazier afrazier at neo.rr.com
Tue Jan 8 16:33:47 PST 2002

On 8 Jan 2002 at 9:24, Christopher Wise wrote:

> You can do something like this:
> set sw=-q4
> set a="Dido"
> set l="No Angel"
> set y="2001"
> for %%c in (01 02 03 04 05 06 07 08 09 10 11 12) do oggenc track%%c.wav -N "%%c" --artist=%a% --album=%l% -d %y% %sw%

At a guess, you could probably open the batch file with a
set track=0

for <blah> do (
<ogg command line>
set /a track+=1
)

This will only work in Win2k/XP though.  Win9x users are left with really ugly
hacks (or getting a more useful command shell).

Going slightly off topic, just do help /? > sometextfile.txt and use the for
command to parse it and give you the help texts for all the available commands.
Left as an exercise to the reader.  :-)

Getting back on topic, here's the batch file that I use for Ogging all the files
in a directory.  It assumes that files are named "tracknum - title.wav".  It
takes the artist (er... performer, er... ensemble ;-) and album title as
parameters.

--- Start OggAll.cmd
@ECHO OFF
IF "%~1"=="" GOTO USAGE
IF "%~2"=="" GOTO USAGE

REM Note: The next three lines need to be joined into one.
REM Just to make it a bit more email friendly.
FOR /F "usebackq tokens=1* delims=- " %%i IN (`DIR /b *.wav`) DO
C:\Multimedia\Codecs\OggEnc.exe -q 4.00 "%%i - %%j" -a "%~1" -l "%~2" -N
"%%i" -t "%%~nj" -o "%%i - %%~nj.ogg"
REM For some reason I had to use the -o parameter.  OggEnc didn't like to
REM rename all the files nicely for some weird reason.  It's likely a bug
REM in Windows though.

IF "%3"=="-d" DEL *.wav
GOTO END

:USAGE
ECHO Usage: %~n0 [Artist] [Album] [options]
ECHO.
ECHO You may use the option -d to tell %~n0 to delete .wav files after encoding.

:END
EXIT
--- End OggAll.cmd

Pax,