[vorbis] RC3?

Peter G. PeterNOSPAMPedal2100 at gmx.net
Thu Jan 3 16:40:59 PST 2002

At 18:55 03-01-02 -0500, you wrote:

>Meanwhile, I'd say just use the -q value and the nominal bitrate that
>this -q value produces on typical songs (3 => 112, 4 => 128, etc.).
>Anything else is meaningless.

files. Anybody up for some basic statistical analysis?

For instance by q and subdivided in major genres (rock/pop, dance/techno,
jazz, classical, vocal, country/blues, newage, misc) and an average pr.
album with max and min song.

q = 4,5
1)
CD released:1995,  (Madonna's "Something To Remember" for the curious)
Genre: Pop
Average bitrate: 125 kbs min: 116 max: 129
2)
CD released: No friggin' idea. Transferred from an '78 release with songs
from the early 50'es
(Hank Williams "40 Greatest Hits")
Genre: Country
Average bitrate: 104 kbs min: 97 max 111

Then having some voluntary victims (meaning not me) taking on results for
each genre sent to him/her/it from the rest of us.

["How about I be Mr. Gospel?"
"No, You can't be Mr. Gospel"
"Why not?"
"Someone on another job is Mr. Gospel!
Mr. Rock: "Who cares what your name is?"
"Oh yeah that's easy for you to say you've got a cool sounding name. How
about we trade, OK? You're Mr. Newage."]

Or maybe someone could make a database that would accept formatted entries?

Kind regards, Peter.
Adress is not munged.