[vorbis] TAG Standard - ENSEMBLE/PERFORMER tags

Jonathan Walther krooger at debian.org
Thu Jan 3 15:28:17 PST 2002

Um. No. I don't believe we need a separate tag for the language.
You can tell the ripper... when we agree on an external uber-database of
information about every track in existance, sure...  But in the meantime
UTF-8 should be good enough.  Your ripper and tag editor software should
know what locale you are using, and let you edit in the language of
your choice accordingly.  This has nothing to do with Ogg Vorbis.
I agree with you this stuff should all be left to third party programs.

Jonathan