[vorbis] quality settings

Jonathan Gramain tornad2 at wanadoo.fr
Thu Jan 3 15:07:50 PST 2002

If you want archival quality oggs, to keep them for years and don't hear any
difference with the original, you could encode at -q 7, which is about
230-250kbps. -q 5 gives a good quality too, identical to the original for
the average listener.

The advice I can give you is to make several tests with a few samples,
using -q 4, -q 5 and others. If you hear a difference with the original
sample at -q 4 and not at -q 5 for example, you can safely encode at -q 6
or -q 7. That's just a suggestion, you see what you want :)