[vorbis] RC3?

Magnus Holmgren lear at algonet.se
Thu Jan 3 10:46:44 PST 2002

Magnus Holmgren wrote:

> OK, I think I've found something now. By changing from multithreaded to
> singlethreaded runtime libraries, the problem is gone (output is still
> different from the debug build though...).

Looking closer at bitrate.c (the problem only occurs when using -b), I
noted one detail not related to this, but in vorbis_bitrate_init(), some
memory is allocated with calloc() and freed with _ogg_free(), e.g,
bm->queue_packets.

[Later...]

Since pretty much the only C runtime stuff I could find in bitrate.c
(after a quick glance) was memory allocations, I changed them all to
_ogg_calloc. Now it works with multithreaded runtime libraries as well.
Haven't bothered to locate exactly which allocations that needs
clearing, but I only changed three to calloc() (at line 129, 130 and
135, IIRC)...

Dunno if it qualifies as a "compiler" bug, but there does seem to be a
difference in behaviour in the two runtime libraries.

--
Magnus Holmgren