[vorbis] Easier OggDrop version

Tomi Jylhä-Ollila tomi.jylha-ollila at pp.inet.fi
Tue Jan 1 14:45:21 PST 2002

> >> I think that the vorbis team should use this version of OggDrop RC3 as
> the
> >> official OggDrop RC3, because the menu interface is easier to use (& you
> can
> >> see what kind of mode you have chosen).

Well, I really don't think this version is easier than the official OggDrop since all
the quality values are behind several submenus. Also, enabling the ABR mode through
the Quality menu instead of Bitrate menu confused me.

The only problem with the official OggDrop RC3 is that it doesn't actually display the
quality value you've chosen. It's also a good idea to let the user write the quality
value. Otherwise the slider is perfect... :)

For ABR functionality, one might also add two radio buttons into the "Save Quality"
menu to let the user switch between quality- and ABR-based encodings...

Cheers,

 - Tomi Jylhä-Ollila