[vorbis] EAC, oggenc, tags

Erik Fuller Phaedras at gmx.net
Wed Jan 23 12:04:01 PST 2002

> Erik Fuller wrote:
>
> > (EAC beta 1 is looking great, but *ARGH* still no OGG comment support!)
>
> Read the FAQs. In the "Additional command line options" the following
> options are available:
>
> %s       Source filename
> %d       Destination filename
> %h...%h  Text "..." only when "High quality" selected
> %l...%l  Text "..." only when "Low quality" selected
> %c...%c  Text "..." only when "CRC checksum" selected
> %r       Bitrate ("32".."320")
> %a       CD artist
> %g       CD title
> %t       Track title
> %y       Year
> %n       Track number
> %m       MP3 music genre
>
> That makes it possible to pass the tag information from EAC to OggEnc,
> which does the actual tagging.
>
> --
> Magnus Holmgren

Great, that's been helping a lot in automating the ripping process. I have
yet another dilemma, though.

Under "User Defined Encoder" and "Additional Command Line Options" I have:

(-q6 -d%y -N%n -a%a -l%g -t%t %s %d)

%y=1991
%n=03
%a=Metallica
%g=Metallica
%t=Holier Than Thou

Now as long as long as I leave the track title (%t) out, everything will
work fine and the tags will be added. As soon as I add %t, or %M (genre, Heavy
Metal), oggenc flips out and won't recognize the switch. I assume this is
because of the spaces in the title. Is there any way to remedy this?

http://www.gmx.net