[vorbis] just wondering...

Gian-Carlo Pascutto gcp at sjeng.org
Sun Jan 20 07:06:06 PST 2002

----- Original Message -----
From: "Erik Fuller" <Phaedras at gmx.net>
To: <vorbis at xiph.org>
Sent: Sunday, January 20, 2002 3:37 PM
Subject: [vorbis] just wondering...

sure
> with their knowledge, the people developing LAME could make a major
> contribution to the OGG development, if they were willing. Sure, MP3 and
OGG are in
> some ways majorly different, but they are similarities, right? With the
latest
> stable release of 3.91, I think the LAME crew has done their best and
pulled
> a helluva lot out of a 7-8 year old codec, but maybe should consider
working
> on OGG development instead?

A few have alredy been converted. Segher for example :) Others are
contemplating it.

> P.S: Is Nullsoft considering implementing native OGG support in Winamp?

There already is an official plugin. It should have been bundled with
the plugin for the last few versions, but it never was. From what I
understand AOL wanted to be very very sure there were no legal problems
or something.

--
GCP