[vorbis] Re: Interactive RC3 quality analysis graphs

ff123 miyaguch at eskimo.com
Sat Jan 19 22:50:14 PST 2002

 > Can someone ABX 60.wav with 60.ogg -q 0?

Yes, it is not transparent.  It sounds like tape flutter.  Here are my
results, all reliably ABX'd to a p-value of at least 0.01:

-q 0, ABX 10/10, bitrate = 22.2 kbit/s
-q 4, ABX 8/8, bitrate = 26.4 kbit/s
-q 5, ABX 16/19, bitrate = 27.5 kbit/s
-q 6, ABX 9/10, bitrate = 34.1 kbit/s
-q 9, ABX 8/8, bitrate = 43.4 kbit/s

It does get better with increasing quality, but by the time I got to -q 9,
I had trained myself to hear it well enough.

ff123