[vorbis] Ogg and Vorbis questions

Ross Vandegrift ross at willow.seitz.com
Fri Jan 18 18:05:39 PST 2002

>From the top of vorbisfile.c:

/* A 'chained bitstream' is a Vorbis bitstream that contains more than
   one logical bitstream arranged end to end (the only form of Ogg
   multiplexing allowed in a Vorbis bitstream; grouping [parallel
   multiplexing] is not allowed in Vorbis) */

Is this paragraph talking about multiple streams in a single Vorbis stream in an
Ogg, or is it talking about multiple Vorbis streams in a single Ogg?

(If it's the former while the latter remains possible, OggVorbis is really
awesome ::-)

And I can make an Ogg that has a Vorbis stream, and maybe a FLAC stream and
perhaps another FLAC stream in it, right?  (I'd look this up on the site, but I
can't seem to reach it...)

Thanks,
        Ross Vandegrift
        ross at willow.seitz.com