[vorbis] ANN: ReplayGain Winamp2 plugin for MP3, FLAC, MOD, etc.

Matthijs Laan matthijsln at xs4all.nl
Thu Jan 17 05:10:22 PST 2002

On Thu 17 Jan 2002 12:40:00, Ross Levis <ross at stationplaylist.com> wrote:

> I don't think you needed to do that.  The Winamp Vorbis plugin has a
> Pre-amp setting which I find set at around 7db makes the volume close
> to other formats.

It does, but aren't you back where you started? The pre-amp option is, as I
gather, just to prevent .mp3 people from thinking that it just makes the
files sound very soft by increasing the ReplayGain away from the level
ReplayGains aims at.

Anyway, my .mp3 and .mod files also differ in volume a lot, so I think it's
still useful.

Thanks for the feedback,

Matthijs