[vorbis] RC3: I'm impressed

Peter Schuller peter.schuller at infidyne.com
Wed Jan 16 08:50:22 PST 2002

> Yes, basically.  At -q5 and above, vorbis uses lossless channel coupling.
> Below that, it uses lossy channel coupling (similarities between the
> channels allow the encoder to save bits).

Correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't it save bits with the lossless
channel coupling aswell? I was under the impression it used a lossless
algoritm while still not encoding each channel completely separately.

PGP userID: 0xE9758B7D or 'Peter Schuller <peter.schuller at infidyne.com>'
Key retrival: Send an E-Mail to getpgpkey at scode.org
E-Mail: peter.schuller at infidyne.com Web: http://www.scode.org