[vorbis] ReplayGain support for Vorbis

Colin Davis cdavis at thepentagon.com
Tue Jan 15 23:26:42 PST 2002

> Unfortunately, this doesn't work for WAV files.  Recall that PCM data is
> nothing but an integer (-32767..32767) representing a sound intensity.

Forgive my ignorance, but I would think this is where the OGG Layer would be
useful.
The OGG Layer would store the meta-data, such as the volume to play at.
By wrapping FLAG in OGG, this becomes possible (eventully, when OGG gains
these layers).

Flac can be used for general storage, ReplayGain is modified to work on the
OGG layer.
Everyone is happy?