[vorbis] RC3: I'm impressed

Andy Dale andycool22 at peoplepc.com
Tue Jan 15 02:58:53 PST 2002

i keep hearing people encoding at qualities 4.99 and 5.  something about
point and phase stereo?  if i'm getting this, apparently in the current rc3
there's a break, and -q 4.99 is like encoding an mp3 in joint stereo, and -q
5 is stereo?  sorta?  maybe?  are there any other splits in the qualities
right now where if you are above or below a certain line it changes modes or
something?  also....if people could email me the quality settings they are
using, i.e. just to my email (andycool22 at peoplepc.com) so i could see what a
majority of people are using, since i'm currently not sure of what quality
settings produce and so on.  this way everyone wouldn't be posting "i
use -q3', 'i use -q 4.99'. =) thanx! ogg rocks!

Andy
andycool22 at peoplepc.com