[vorbis] TAG Standard - ENSEMBLE/PERFORMER tags

Jonathan Walther krooger at debian.org
Sun Jan 13 13:03:23 PST 2002

On Sun, Jan 13, 2002 at 03:26:14PM -0500, Glenn Maynard wrote:
>It doesn't do a whole lot more than tags; it's certainly not
>comprehensive.  It's a useful reference for prior art, of course, but
>I'd really not like to see it used directly.  (It doesn't appear to do
>*any* of the useful language functions that have been discussed
>recently: translation, translit, etc.)

With UTF-8, does a '\0' byte mean anything, or can it still retain its C
function of marking the end of string?  I'm trying to figure out how to
upload the data and still be able to know where one string ends off;
\r\n isn't the way, because those characters are allowed inside tags.

I still plan to do the frontend to freedb for tags; maybe you could
start a thread with a different subject entitled "metadata" stream,
and do something similar where you take data from the ogg-db as a
starting point, and let people fill in metadata?

Jonathan