[vorbis] TAG Standard - ENSEMBLE/PERFORMER tags

Beni Cherniavksy cben at techunix.technion.ac.il
Sun Jan 13 01:10:31 PST 2002

On 2002-01-12, Jonathan Walther wrote:

> I didn't explain clearly enough. BOTH get displayed.  But one gets
> displayed more prominently (first in sorting order).  Anyhow, winamp and
> xmms let you specify a format string like printf() to tell it exactly
> what to display.  Using ENSEMBLE or PERFORMER doesn't lock you into
> anything.
>
> As for the renaming, rogg will use your personal renaming rules if
> exist, otherwise it will use the default rules.
>
> Jonathan

How about just displaying them in the order they appear?  The order is
considered meaningful and the only intuitive meaning I see is decreasing
intereset (first tag most interesting).  Also note that with both ENSEMBLE
and PERFORMER, you can't specify an order between them - order among tags
of different names isn't considered meaningful.

                 (also scben at t2 in Technion)