[vorbis] Problems Building Ogg Vorbis RC3

volsung at asu.edu volsung at asu.edu
Sat Jan 12 06:35:33 PST 2002

On Sat, 12 Jan 2002, Jeff Flowers wrote:

> Now, one thing that I noticed is that there is no /usr/local in NetBSD. User
> added packages go into /use/pkg. So before I started, I created a symbolic
> link from /usr/pkg to /usr/local.
>
> libao and libogg both configured, compiled, and installed without error. But
> when I tried to move on to libvorbis, it told me that it couldn't find ogg,
> or ogg/ogg.h. I get the same error with vorbis-tools.

One relatively easy way to handle all this (and skip the symbolic link
step) is to build each package this way:

./configure --prefix=/usr/pkg
make

That will make sure everything is installed to /usr/pkg/{bin,lib,include} and
it will tell each package where to find the headers.  You may also have to:

export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/usr/pkg/lib:$LD_LIBRARY_PATH

to ensure that the linker knows where to find your ogg libraries.

---
Stan Seibert