[vorbis] Win32 All-UTF8 oggenc.exe

Peter Harris peter.harris at hummingbird.com
Fri Jan 11 14:35:30 PST 2002

I have modified oggenc to use UTF-8 directly translated from Windows UCS2.
What does this mean? Simple. oggenc.exe now works with _everything_. Even
characters that show up as '?' on the command line are recovered intact, and
show up just fine in WinAMP (eg: The Euro symbol.)

I've only tried this on 2000, and I've only tried this on my English system.
I'd appreciate it if some people could try this out on 9x-based systems, and
I'd really appreciate it if some people could try this out on Asian language
systems.

If I get some positive feedback about this patch, I'll do VorbisComment
next.

Executable file for windows:
http://members.tripod.com/ix42/oggenc.unicode.zip

Source patch: