[vorbis] How to make Vorbis popular

Jonathan Ingram jonathan_ingram at yahoo.com
Fri Jan 11 11:48:45 PST 2002

--- Kai Gallasch <kai at adminhell.org> wrote:
> I strongly disagree with this. For the public the term "piracy" has a
> strong negative tone - and promoting the use of Vorbis in this context
> would damage the reputation of "Vorbis" and "Ogg" as superior audio
> format. Do you really think Iomega - or who ever - would support the
> "music piracy first choice audio format" for their players?

Of course not - they're certainly not supporting MP3, which is the current
"music piracy first choice audio format", are they?

--

I guarantee you that that if you could convince the major DVD -> DivX
rippers to switch to Ogg from MP3, you would see an incredible increase in

Do You Yahoo!?
Send FREE video emails in Yahoo! Mail!
http://promo.yahoo.com/videomail/