[vorbis] German translation of OggEnc

Maik Merten maikmerten at gmx.net
Fri Jan 11 08:14:05 PST 2002

"Nathan I. Sharfi" schrieb:
> it compiles OK, but the text looks funny. Have a look at
> www.cyclooctane.com/~comatoast/images/oggenc.de.png .
>
> snag www.cyclooctane.com/~comatoast/files/vorbis-tools.de.zip if you want
> the binaries in situ.

Hello Nathan,

orry for the delay in answering your mail. At the time beeing
I´m in the German Army. I only have access to the internet
on weekends.

Thank you for compiling the modified source. Yes, the text
may look funny :-)

Sadly there is an issue with special characters. In german
language there are some characters (ÄäÖößÜü) that are
not used in the english language. Those characters
are not displayed correctly in the Win32-compile.

I think this is because Unix and Windows uses
an ANSI charset while DOS still uses ASCII. (Am I wrong?)
I will create a version of the modified code using
DOS encoding.

bye,

Maik Merten

--