[vorbis] Removing Vorbis tags

Ross Vandegrift ross at willow.seitz.com
Thu Jan 10 17:27:21 PST 2002

> >	Was wondering if there was an option or program somewhere that
> > can delete all tags associated with an Ogg Vorbis file?
>
> vorbiscomment -w my.ogg .tmp.$$ </dev/null && mv .tmp.$$ my.ogg
>
> Though I can't imagine why you'd want to do such a thing.

Tagging media files was added as an afterthought - the programs are
frustrating and very non-robust.

Unix file management tools, however, are some of the most robust and
flexible available.  I keep the info in the path and filename of each
ogg file.  sed and bash make media management easy!

But since xmms will prefer an incomplete tag to the filename, I need
a way to strip bad tags.

Ross Vandegrift
ross at willow.seitz.com