[vorbis] TAG Standard - ENSEMBLE/PERFORMER tags

Peter Harris peter.harris at hummingbird.com
Wed Jan 9 10:57:33 PST 2002

> (For Windows, it needs to convert to and from the codepage.)

See vorbis-tools/share/utf8.c: We already convert _to_ the current code
page. What we don't do is convert _from_ the current code page. We would,
except Windoze translates everything into the ANSI code page before passing
it in via argv.

What we should do is just rewrite oggenc and vorbiscomment to do everything
in UNICODE-16. I've done it for vorbiscomment; it works. I'll be re-doing it
during 1.0-pre (as it's a royal pain to maintain two separate
almost-but-not-quite-identical code bases, and I don't really want to
inflict TCHAR on other OSs. Anyone have any better ideas?).

Peter Harris