[vorbis] TAG Standard - ENSEMBLE/PERFORMER tags

Dan Hollis goemon at anime.net
Fri Jan 4 21:18:42 PST 2002

On Thu, 3 Jan 2002, Craig Dickson wrote:
> It wouldn't be that hard to have multiple tag blocks, with each block
> having a language/nation header. But it seems quite mad to me, both
> because of size concerns (especially in conjunction with all the extra
> tags you and Glenn want) and because it's silly to think that more than
> a tiny fraction of users will ever enter all of this data once, much
> less again in another language.

If it's not hard to do, why not leave the door open rather than shut out
those people who would find such a feature very useful?

Seems incredibly stupid to me to arbitrarily limit a spec simply because
you yourself can't see a widepread use for it. That's microsoft-style
thinking.

-Dan

--
[-] Omae no subete no kichi wa ore no mono da. [-]